This week sees the opening of the 2016 RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The show runs from Tuesday 24th to Saturday 28th May and brings together professional and amateur gardeners in the spectacular surroundings of the Royal Hospital Chelsea.
Some of the highlights of this years show include:
• Photographic exhibits and a floral arch to celebrate the 90th birthday of the RHS patron, HM the Queen.
• A carriage from Belmond British Pullman, which will form part of the 6,000sq ft planted-up station in the Great Pavilion
• The RHS Garden for Health, Happiness and Horticulture designed by Ann-Marie Powell, and the Modern Apothecary Garden designed by RHS Ambassador Jekka McVicar
• The memorable poppies tribute by Phillip Johnson at the entrance to the show
• Horticultural showman Diarmuid Gavin is back with The British Eccentrics Garden featuring bizarre garden gadgetry that comes to life every 15 minutes
• An acoustic garden inspired by world-leading percussionist Dame Evelyn Glennie will play musical notes to visitors
• Horticultural inspiration from around the world, including Jordan, the Netherlands, Cambodia, Japan, Chile, Australia and more
As usual, it promises to be a great event.